7.26.2010

Music Monday: From Monument To Masses


The first time I saw From Monument to Masses was Novermber 12, 2003 at the Hemlock tavern in San Francisco. They performed this song, and completely blew me away. The middle part is killer. In that tiny venue, standing close to the stage, it felt like the weight the words they were screaming was going to bring the ceiling down on our heads.
I made this video 2+ years ago for a class project, going well above and beyond what the other students in my class would turn in. That's community college for you. I had a pretty awesome time making it, and it even wound up on FMTM's blog.
The last time I will see From Monument to Masses is August 28th, 2010 at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. I doubt they will play this song, but you never know. Either way, they leave behind several albums of awesome music they can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment